Monday, August 19, 2013

2013 August 19 Transfer, teaching and snakes!!

 Aug 19, 2013

 

Transfer calls came. Elder Richardson is going to Gloucester VA, finally leaving Mt. Olive after  7 1/2 months since day one on his mission. Elder Kimball from the Raleigh side is coming here. He's been out about a year. Should be a good transfer. Things are pickin' up. Good to know what's going on back home, in the ward etc., Got the boots and the book,  two weeks ago. 
      Oh, we encountered two snakes this week. One 6 ft. black rat snake (non-venomous) and a 4 ft. Copperhead (venomous)  which I killed with a Bush axe.  I'll send picks :P So, thanks for the boots again. As for luggin' stuff around, I'm sending a box of stuff home soon. I should be good for a bit longer.
       As for people were teaching. It's mainly me. I'm feeling now more than ever that this Mission will be the highlight of my life and I will be learning so much from it to use later. I have learned more single points of tips for later on in life than people I have contacted. Not to mention the blessing of counsel a few weeks ago from Elder Bowes, district leader who finishes his mission tomorrow. He said "The reason you are here now and doing the things you are, will be revealed unto you at a later date."
      But, B. R. told us yesterday something he did when he was younger...so it might be a while before he can be near baptism. Aaron, a new investigator, is the boyfriend of a less-active lady. We had a good chat with them this week and shared a scripture about prayer and a Mormon Message from Pres. Hinckley about the two boys that put dollar coins in the farmers boots. It's called "Lessons I learned as a boy" Just for info. He liked it, and was glad we came and said, "Definitely" when he said, "We'll see ya later." We talked and figured this would reactivate her as well. We're gonna' text her to see if she thinks he's ready for the Missionary Lessons. So that's The Work here.
     Oh, and the P. from Sandbridge,  were baptized on the 14th and confirmed on Sunday!!! They're members now! The only Legitimate family with both parents and kids I have ever taught are members!! I'll send a pic when I get one.
      My story of the week comes from "Joseph Smith the Prophet." Brother Joseph leaned over to a brother in a meeting and said, "I'd take you if you were a bit bigger" (Meaning wrestling) He replied, "I recon' you can take me the way I am" So they started that instant and Joseph ended up breaking his leg, carried him home and gave him a blessing. His leg healed remarkably fast. This was in a leadership meeting I think. It's in the first few chapters somewhere.

  Thanks for the email. I bought some tapes today so Ill start recording soon.
Elder Meyerink

(He has sent 2 tapes home with more details of his mission.... some will be included here later or at earlier dates!!)


No comments:

Post a Comment