Monday, June 30, 2014

June 30 2014 Found Chinese family in park,

Another experience this week: (This paragraph is probably from his letter to mission president, since he talks about pictures He taught us to use. )

  As for the exchange with Elder Adsit. It went very well. I think we both learned alot. It was fun, I love Elder Adsit and who he is. We able to help a member move some furniture, knock on a few houses and place cards. Mostly what I learned was in the evening when we were walking around the park by their apartment to stay out until 9:30.
  We ran into a Chinese family and gave the daughter a card and Book of Mormon. She spoke English, her parents did not, but she seems very excited about the whole thing. We told them about mormonsandchina.org and even did the whole explaining the Book of Mormon with the pictures you had us learn last month. Doing that, the parents seemed interested in the pictures. When we got back to the apartment, we remembered the simplified Chinese Book of Mormon in the car and ran and grabbed it to get it to them. We ended up running nearly the whole way around the parks track to find them, in the dark, with a Chinese Book of Mormon. Got to say that's the first time I've done that. Needless to say, when the Spirit prompts you to give someone a mormon.org card...do it. I even told them about Christian and how he wants to be a missionary in china but cant. 

Elder Meyerink

aaron.meyerink@myldsmail.net
Dad, 

  Corky's baptism went well. In fact, yesterday in combined 3rd hour bishop was teaching about the temple after conversion and she raised her hand and said "By the way, I need a temple recommend interview with you." He said, "Ya, that's next Sunday, 2nd hour." It was awesome!

  Bob. He was not baptized this last week. He still hasn't healed yet. Also hasn't gotten a hold of his doctors to see when his head can be submerged. Technically, they don't even want him at church do to sneezes and maybe someone being sick. He still has an open wound on his head. As for the moment, he is set for July 12th seeing as how we have to get the interview a week before baptism. The font still has not been fixed either, they need to do a full restoration, re-tiling and all that jazz. 

  Elder Coltrin is still as awesome. He's been out about 7-8 months now. He was trained in Greenville NC when I was with Elder Tenney in Kinston. He also served in Yorktown, in which was his last area, just on the other side of the bridge.


District Leader position is working out well. It's a bit fun planning district meetings again. As for exchanges, we go once per transfer with the zone leaders who cover both the Jamestown and Williamsburg wards. The sisters go on exchanges with the Sister training leaders. They then call me and tell me how the sisters are doing. The district leaders can consult with the district on what goals the district wants. So far, we haven't done that yet, we're all doing pretty well off.

  John dropped us and returned all the literature we gave him. He texted us and told him he wants to stay with his current relationship with Jesus/God while also doing A.A. In other news, we got a Headquarter referral named Ethan. His freind in Alaska that used to live here sent him a Book of Mormon and a mormon.org card. We set an appointment at the Chuch, but he wasn't there, so we'll get a hold of him later. He seemed pretty promising. 

  Sounds like a family trek would have been way fun. hope yall learned alot from it. Glad to know the families are still getting together. I figured as much as to speaking in other wards. Ya, mom sent me an email about their trip back to utah. Have fun "batching it up" then. Good to know Arthur is working on the temple. I'm kind of (atrociously) bummed it's closed when I get home. Oh, by the way, that will be the first thing I do when I get home. After I get released, we are doing a session. Nothing else comes first. I hope everybody that wants to see me understands that I haven't been in a temple in two years...it would be even cooler if we could do it before I get released, seeing as how I have no idea what is happening there.

Has the Stake Presidency gotten you the info for all that yet? Like who, when, and where I report after landing? If you could pass that on to me that would be great! Thanks. 

Have a good one!
Love, Elder Meyerink



No comments:

Post a Comment