Monday, March 17, 2014

17 March 2014 Picture- Transferred --I've got the Hang of it!!

 
                       Picture taken 2014 March 19 @ lunch with Chad, Liz & their Grandma.
 
 
  I am being transferred to Gloucester VA. I am actually taking the place of Elder Richardson, who served with me in with Mt. Olive. Elder Grace is my new companion. He was in the Virginia Beach Zone when I was in Sandbridge. He is a cool guy. It's gonna be great. 

  As for Zone Conference. There was so much that I can't really put it into words. Especially since I left my notes at home. We tried to teach the restoration without using words or empty phrases such as um, like, so, kind of, and well. It was hard since our generation is so used to using those words. Yeah, It is a great time for me, especially since its coming to an end. I have noticed I've been learning more when I don't email as much. It's a weird phenomenon. I've reached a point where I just want to be absorbed in what's happening here. Maybe it's just cause our p-days are so jammed that emailing seems less desirable. Sorry. I just feel like this is the first part of my life away from home long enough I've gotten the hang of it. 

  We got a hold of J. We swung by and talked to him when he was picking up his back yard. He came to stake conference when Elder Perry broadcast from UT. He emphasized missionary work.  J. enjoyed it. We had a member call us this week to tell us he had a referral for us and that he was going to have him over for a lesson this week. Should be good. Oh, and we haven't met with G. D. at all. And, we probably won't teach him. We're gonna try to stick with the stake referrals and get them up and running again. 

  Hope all goes well this week. 
Elder Meyerink


No comments:

Post a Comment